Most people do not know what a CCTV System is…and that’s okay. Let us simplify it for you.
CCTV is also known as a Closed Circuit Television. It is a system of security cameras all linked to one monitoring system. At this time and age we all can agree that surveillance systems go a long way to ensure our personal and business security.
CCTV systems have been gaining in popularity and are becoming more affordable, property owners can feel more comfortable knowing they can secure their home, home businesses, schools and other personal properties.
At this point in time having so many vendors and sources for installations the market is becoming a challenge. Below are some of the factors to consider.
CCTV Systems Factors to consider
Analyse your needs:
What do you need to monitor?
- do you want a wire or wireless surveillance system.
Do you need one, six or even ten CCTV cameras?
What budget are you willing to spend?
- Choose type of camera: based on your needs to you need a wire or wireless camera, dome camera, night vision enabled cameras.
- Wired cameras are available in BNC or DIN terminations (connection ports) and will require video extension cables.
- IP, or network cameras are another option. These cameras connect to your computer’s router just like a computer or other net-workable device. IP network cameras allow you to access the cameras from remote locations over the Internet.
- Colored or non-colored: it is recommended to buy a black and white CCTV camera system where light conditions are low e.g. night surveillance. Color should only be considered for inside use with good lighting conditions.Many high resolution color cameras now use an IR (Infra Red) cut-filter for built-in night vision.
- Understand resolutions: The higher the resolution number, the sharper the image. Consider sourcing for cameras with higher Resolution.
- Get a monitor/screen to match your camera resolution
- Get a DVR(digital video recorder) or NVR (Network Video Recorder): This hardwares help record your CCTV activities on to a hard drive for future reviews in case need arises.
- Do not forget to ask about our cloud services.
Remember we are here to help you! Please feel free to hop over to google and look at our reviews or Facebook and begin a chat with any of the people that reviews us there.
We are located in the Toms River Area in New Jersey and look forward to helping you with your needs to protect your assets.